My Weight Loss Progress

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Benefits of eating well.

Today was a really difficult day for me. I was fine in the morning, but then at the last minute my friends convinced me to go to the Cairns show with them. I should have known it was a bad idea... showbags, fried hot foods, expensive rides and loads of lollies!!! But I did fine!! I had fruit just before going so I felt full, and drank plenty of water. Also got a bit of exercise in from walking around the showgrounds all day. After that we went to maccas and I got a seared chicken wrap with a black coffee while all my friends were getting large meals.
Trouble is after all of that this evening we went out for dinner. We couldnt get into the place we wanted which I knew had healthy options so we ended up at sizzler!!!! I went ok, I had a plate of salad first, then got a small bit of pasta with tomato based sauce. But I did end up eating 2 bits of pan bread, and dessert. It was still much better than what I normally would have eaten at sizzler!
The thing that made me realise how much better off I am eating well now was watching my friends through the day. One friend in particular ate half a showbag in one sitting, a large meal at maccas, and so much soft drink - and by the end of the night she had a splitting headache and kept saying how horrible she felt! I remembered back to how I would feel after eating so much sugar in one day and it was just horrible!! Whereas today I had so much energy and felt great!
So, back to work tomorrow, tonight I need to get all my food ready for my lunch and snacks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment